, Postdoctoral Scholar
My interest in systems biology led me to the Nie lab at UC Irvine for postdoctoral research in August 2016. I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics in 2016 at Wuhan University in China, where I worked with Prof. Xiufen Zou on computational systems biology and network biology. My dissertation is entitled "Mathematical modeling, optimization and control of networks of complex diseases".
A systems biology approach has recently emerged as a powerful tool for understanding complex biological systems. This broad area underpins many of my research interests. My research interests lie in Computational Systems Biology, Scientific Computing and Network Science. The primary goal of my research is to combine tools from mathematical modeling, complex network, bioinformatics, dynamical system theory, optimization theory and control theory to address critical scientific questions regarding various biological processes such as complex diseases and development. Nowadays, single-cell transcriptomics provides us unprecedented opportunity to understand the transcriptional stochasticity and cellular heterogeneity in great detail, which are crucial for maintaining cell functions and for facilitating disease progression or treatment response. Such stochasticity and heterogeneity are always masked in bulk-cell studies. I am particularly interested in seeking new ways to analyze the single-cell data at the present stage.
Go to my ResearchGate profile.
- Suoqin Jin, Fang-Xiang Wu, and Xiufen Zou. Domain control of nonlinear networked systems and applications to complex disease networks. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical System - B, Accepted
- Man Liang, Suoqin Jin, Dingjie Wang, and Xiufen Zou. Optimization of controllability and robustness of complex networks by edge directionality. European Physical Journal B, 89: 186, 2016.
- Dingjie Wang, Suoqin Jin, and Xiufen Zou. Crosstalk between pathways enhances the controllability of signalling networks. IET Systems Biology, 10(1):2–9, 2016.
- Suoqin Jin, Lili Niu, Gang Wang, and Xiufen Zou. Mathematical modeling and nonlinear dynamical analysis of cell growth in response to antibiotics. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 25:1540007, 2015.
- Yuanyuan Li*, Suoqin Jin* (co-first author), Lei Lei, Zishu Pan, and Xiufen Zou. Deciphering deterioration mechanisms of complex diseases based on the construction of dynamic networks and systems analysis. Scientific Reports, 5:9283, 2015.
- Dingjie Wang, Suoqin Jin, Fang-Xiang Wu, and Xiufen Zou. Estimation of control energy and control strategies for complex networks. Advances in Complex Systems, 18(07n08):1550018, 2015.
- Suoqin Jin, Yuanyuan Li, Ruangang Pan, and Xiufen Zou. Characterizing and controlling the inflammatory network during influenza A virus infection. Scientific Reports, 4:3799, 2014.
- Suoqin Jin, and Xiufen Zou. Construction of the influenza A virus infection induced cell-specific inflammatory regulatory network based on mutual information and optimization. BMC Systems Biology, 7:105, 2013.